1. Citizen Registration
Ugandan citizens living in Turkey are encouraged to register with the Embassy. This registration enables the Mission to provide essential services to Ugandans in an efficient and effective manner, particularly in emergency situations.
2. Certification of Document
The Embassy verifies and authenticates documents issued from Uganda.
- Photocopy of applicants passport and Turkish Residence Permit
- Original document
- Letter by applicant, providing all salient information
- 60 TL processing fee, payable to the Embassy’s visa account
- Self-addressed return envelope for postage of documents (postage costs will be born by the applicant)
3. Emergency Travel Documents
Passports remain the property of the Government of Uganda and may be withdrawn at any time. It should therefore be handled as a very important document as it is a valuable document and should NOT be altered in any way or allowed to pass into possession of an UNAUTHORIZED person.
If lost or destroyed, the fact should be reported at once to the nearest LOCAL Police and to the Uganda Embassy AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Requirements for Issuance of Emergency Travel Document:
- AFFIDAVIT (For lost Passport)
- APPLICATION FOR A UGANDA TRAVEL DOCUMENT
- Registration Form
- 2 Passport size photos
- In case of lost passport:
- a) Police Report
- b) Sworn Affidavit/Statutory Declaration before a Commissioner of Oaths or Notary Public pertaining to citizenship and the facts surrounding loss of the passport. OR A letter from the Leadership of the Uganda Community in Turkey (UCT) on a headed paper and stamped.
- c) Penalty Fee of 200TL for a Lost Passport (WITH OUT A POLICE REPORT)
- Fee of 50 USD for the Emergency Certificate
- 6. Applicants may be requested to provide additional supporting documentation, in addition to the above.
The Embassy does not currently renew/issue Ugandan Passports. For this service you are advised to contact the Ugandan High Commission in the United Kingdom. http://www.ugandahighcommission.co.uk/
Reception hours for Ugandan Nationals
Thursday 10:00 – 16:00